George Watson's College, Edinburgh
George Watson's College in Edinburgh are a co-educational Independent school (Nursery – S6).
- To undertake a wide range of turf operations, including mowing, aerating, scarifying and seeding.
- Using machinery in renovation of grass areas.
- Sports pitch preparation, turf management and setting out pitches for various sports events including rugby, cricket and athletics.
- To maintain and operate safely and professionally a range of vehicles and equipment required for grounds care operations,
- The operation of powered hand tools including mowers, strimmers and hedge cutters.
- To undertake general maintenance of machinery on a day to day basis.
- To carry out gritting, salt spreading, snow cleaning, as necessary including road surfaces and footpaths through the School.
- To ensure pathways and roads are maintained to a clean and tidy standard
- To follow all Health and Safety Policy guidelines and policies as stated within the School’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To undergo training as required.
- Flexible approach to work and willing to work extra hours when required
- Ability to work without supervision and be part of a team
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of pupils at the School.
- Previous experience as groundsperson in a school or sports ground setting
- Knowledge of pitch preparation for cricket, rugby, hockey, tennis & athletics
- Knowledge of use of tractors, ride on/hand mowers and strimmers
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, willing to help others whenever necessary
- Physically fit to meet the demands and nature of the manual work
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, flexible
- Hard working with attention to quality and detail.
- Trustworthy, reliable and prepared to work in all weathers
- Knowledge of machinery maintenance
- Level 2 in Sports Turf Maintenance or Turf Science and Sports Ground Management or suitable equivalent.
- Awareness of the responsibilities of working in an environment with young people
- Chainsaw CS30/31 certificates
- Membership of IOG
Process to apply:
Visit the School website: https://www.gwc.org.uk/join-us/job-vacancies/ and apply using the application form, diversity form and send a cover letter.
1 x Permanent, full-time, 1 x Fixed-term, full time
43 per week Mon-Fri plus some weekend and evening work (overtime)
Tuesday, 24 September 2019 - 11:45pm
£20,124 - £25,341 per annum
0131 446 6071