Birmingham City Football Club
*** JOB OF THE WEEK ***
- To be trained by current staff to be competent at specific jobs including mowing, marking out, divotting, fertilising.
- To assist and support a team of ground staff in the upkeep and maintenance of the 5 priority training pitches and agility areas at Wast Hills Training Ground plus a further training pitches at Wast Hills which are provided for Academy and Community use (total acreage of 50 acres at Wast Hills).
- To assist and support the ground staff in the upkeep and maintenance of the 3G Artificial pitch situated on site.
- To assist and support the ground staff in the upkeep and maintenance of the Indoor Area pitch situated on site.
- To assist and support the ground staff in the upkeep and maintenance of the surrounding landscaped areas and banks.
- To assist in the upkeep and maintenance of all training pitches at the instruction of the Head Groundsman, i.e. provide assistance and support in respect of necessary maintenance procedures being carried out regularly to ensure all Club training surfaces are properly maintained.
- To assist the Ground staff team with regards to the preparation of training pitches, surrounding areas and any associated equipment required for all first team friendly matches, reserve team friendly matches and Academy League fixtures played at Wast Hills Training Ground at the instruction of the Head Groundsman.
- Attend any necessary training courses as and when required by the Company, i.e. in terms of operation of machinery and equipment etc.
- To be conversant with all Health and Safety requirements in respect of the position and to attend any health and safety courses as and when required by the Club.
- Perform basic grounds and landscaping maintenance using power driven tools and equipment, such as mower, edger, power clippers, and vacuum/blower devices.
- Plant, water and maintain landscaped areas consisting of bushes, trees, flowers and shrubs; trim and prune bushes, trees and shrubs.
- Be willing to study for an NVQ1 Diploma in Work based Horticulture/Sports turf and other relevant training qualifications
- The ability to lift and use heavy equipment and operate heavy machinery
- Ability to perform heavy manual labour for extended periods, often under adverse climatic conditions
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with people at all levels
- Effective planning and time management skills
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of chemicals, herbicides, and pesticides
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of trucks, tractors, sweepers, and lawn mowers
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques
- Previous experience looking after Sports turf
Process to apply:
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Permanent Full Time Apprenticeship
37.5 hours per week
Sunday, 1 September 2019 - 11:45pm
0121 202 52212