The Hurlingham Club, London
Bordering the Thames in Fulham and set in 42 acres of magnificent grounds, The Hurlingham Club is a green oasis of tradition and international renown. Recognised throughout the world as one of Britain’s greatest private members’ clubs, it retains its quintessentially English traditions and heritage, while providing modern facilities and services for its members.
The Grounds Team are part of the Estates Department and are made up of 26 professional and highly motivated individuals who pride themselves on the maintenance and upkeep of the prestigious grounds. The grounds of the Club include ten croquet lawns, thirty grass tennis courts, a cricket ground, a nine-hole golf course, two bowling greens and over a hectare of trees, flowers, shrubs and ornamental lawns. It is through the efforts of the Grounds team that the Club’s members are rewarded year on year with award winning sports surfaces and stunning season changing flowerbeds.
As a Groundsman you will work a 39 hour week with regular weekend work (compulsory but not guaranteed). Typical duties will include:
- To undertake general turf and grounds duties.
- Reporting and treating common pests, fungi and diseases.
- Setting out sports areas.
- Operating lawnmowers and other horticultural machinery.
Our benefits include 23 days holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 years’ continuous service) plus Bank Holidays, life assurance, Group Income Protection, meals on duty, onsite parking, a discretionary annual bonus scheme and an annual performance pay review, along other discretionary benefits.
- Candidates will embody our Club values; excellence, prudence, integrity, courtesy.
- Candidates will have a hands-on approach, the ability to work under pressure and be friendly, polite and diplomatic.
- Previous grounds or turf experience advantageous.
Please apply by email, enclosing your covering letter and CV to:
Tom Clarke, Deputy Grounds Manager
Full time, permanent
39 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 7am to 4pm - Friday 7am to 3pm (all year round)
Friday, 24 May 2019 - 11:45pm
up to £25,000 per annum + benefits
London & East