Rugby Football Union, Rugby House, Twickenham Stadium, 200 Whitton Road, Twickenham.
The Rugby Football Union is the national governing body for grassroots and elite rugby in England, with 2,000 autonomous rugby clubs in its membership.
The RFU has an incredibly unique opportunity for a Head Groundsperson to join our Stadium team and take responsibility for the management and delivery of grounds maintenance and landscaping services to Twickenham Stadium, Pennyhill Park training ground and all facilities used or supported by the RFU.
The role will set and ensure the highest international standards in grounds maintenance to deliver world-class facilities for players, employees, volunteers and customers at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Credible experience in a similar role within a high profile venue with a successful track record of grounds management service delivery.
- Institute of Groundsmanship Level 4 qualification or equivalent.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 qualifications in the use of pesticides.
- Experience in the use of industry leading technology, machinery, irrigation and soil heating systems plus the maintenance of reinforced pitches, preferably Desso.
- Full UK driving license.
- Developing and implementing Grounds Management strategies to improve service delivery and quality.
- Managing a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Management of significant contracts and budgets.
- Experience of working in multi-use Stadiums and event management.
- Must live within commuting distance of Twickenham.
To find out more about this opportunity and life at the RFU, please visit www.growtherose.co.uk.
The RFU also offers competitive benefits, a culture built on solid core values and an opportunity to join an organisation that is extremely dedicated and passionate about the work that they do.
The game of Rugby has always been defined by its inherent inclusivity and valuing individual contributions. As such, we strive to create an inclusive workplace by attracting the most talented individuals and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, disability status or any other dimensions of diversity.
Process to apply:
Please apply via our careers site: https://rfu.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900000Y&lang=e...
(Example: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00-16:00)
Sunday, 2 June 2019 - 11:45pm
Up to £60K
South West England
0208 831 7408