Boreham Wood Football Club, Meadow Park, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Sports Turf and Grounds Operative
National League Club.
Practicing a range of grounds maintenance duties at the club stadium and artificial training facility. This role reports to the Head Groundsman at Meadow Park, Borehamwood.
The successful candidate will work alongside and receive mentoring from industry leading professionals at Arsenal Football Club, gaining valuable experience on a Desso grass master pitch, working to the highest standards as expected in Elite Football.
The key responsibilities:
- Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work on our Desso grass master and synthetic 3G pitches
- Set up sports pitches or amenity surfaces for games. Undertake minor construction and landscaping work;
- Operate a range of horticultural machinery ensuring vehicles and equipment used by self and others are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements. Operate powered hand tools, tractors and ride on machinery and line marking equipment as required;
- Upkeep of artificial and synthetic surfaces;
- Demonstrate awareness of Health and Safety for the individual and all others;
- Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times;
- Carry out such other tasks deemed necessary within the Grounds Department at the Head groundsman discretion;
- Working a 40 hour week. Some match day work is required on rota at Meadow Park;
- Be able to work unsocial hours, including regular weekends, as required by the Head groundsman, reasonable notice having been given.
It is essential that the successful candidate has the following skills, aptitudes, qualifications and experience:
- NVQ Level 2 in Groundsmanship or 3 year’s experience within the turf industry.
- The ability to learn and show willing;
- Good written and oral communications skills;
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including evenings and weekends.
Punctual, reliable, enthusiasm to learn, team player and responsible, good time keeping and presentable.
Process to apply:
Please submit a CV with covering email to the email address provided.
The applying candidate MUST consider that the role is physically demanding, throughout all variances of weather. Other aspects of the work include early starts, able to cope with regular physical work
Must be willing to work outside in all weathers.
(Example: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00-16:00)
Friday, 24 May 2019 - 11:45pm
£20k - £25k depending on experience
London & East
0208 953 5097